Memorial United Methodist Church in Thomasville, NC, is seeking an exceptional candidate for the role of Administrative Assistant to work effectively as part of a team.
The ideal candidate has excellent administrative, organizational, technology, and people skills, in addition to the ability to maintain confidentiality. Attention to detail and self-direction is essential. Familiarity with Realm ACS, MS Office 365, WordPress, Zoom, Facebook, Mailchimp, and other digital/social media platforms is helpful. A willingness to learn is a necessity. Minimum qualifications include some college education beyond high school, three to five years of office experience that includes demonstrated utilization of technology, efficient and accurate project management, and effective communication.
This is a full-time, 32-hour per week position that includes pension and health insurance contributions. Compensation is based on candidate’s skills and experience. Memorial UMC is an equal opportunity employer. A letter highlighting the applicant’s skills and experience should accompany the Employment Application and be submitted to the MUMC Search Committee by February 12th. Application materials can be mailed to the church or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Receiving and responding to calls and messages
- Maintaining church membership records (transfers, baptism, weddings, deaths, etc)
- Preparations for new members
- Newsletter and bulletin preparation
- Maintaining church calendar and facility/event reservations
- Assist committees with communication and materials, as needed
- Order and maintain office and committee supplies
- Maintain files timely for statistical yearly reporting and charge conference
- Prepare materials needed for special events and activities
- Participate in priority cross-training
- Use appropriate technology and social media as appropriate.
- Use special software program to update the church sign with priority information/promotion of events
- Complete social media tasks, such as uploading pictures of events and creating events for promoting services and activities, and update the email list in MailChimp for additions and changes
- Provide support services for various leadership groups and staff needs
IF INTERESTED, APPLY HERE:
Memorial United Methodist Church
ATTN: Christine Herrick (SPRC Chairperson)
101 Randolph Street
Thomasville, NC 27360