CHECK OUT our VIDEO
from last year’s trip to
MAGGOFIN COUNTY, KENTUCKY:
2019 ASP DATES
Please make these dates a priority. It is important that you are prepared to go on the trip this summer AND the relationships that are built BEFORE we leave are important in making the trip go smoothly.
***PLEASE NOTE***: In recent years we have had a difficult time with people dropping from the trip at the last minute. Due to this circumstance, we ask that you make a clear commitment to be at ALL of the training meetings.
March 17 (11 AM – 1 PM): ASP Lenten Lunch Fundraiser
March 24 (7 PM): Training Meeting
April 28 (7 PM): Training
May 10 (6 PM): Camp ASP (overnight training) (ALL FUNDRAISING MONEY MUST BE TURNED IN FOR REWARD TRIP ELIGIBILITY & FORMS ARE DUE)
May 11 (8 AM – 1 PM): Car Wash Fundraiser (This will be the Team Selection as well!)
June 29 (9 AM – 12 PM): Van Prep
June 30 – July 6: Appalachia Service Project
July (TBD) – ASP Reward Trip – We will announce the date when we can accommodate the most people who qualify.
August 7 (5:30 – 7 PM): ASP Stockholder dinner
VOLUNTEER FORMS & INFO
Volunteers are required to turn in the following forms by MAY 10:
COPY OF MEDICAL INSURANCE CARD
Here are some information sheets that will help you understand what is expected during the week:
The cost to send one person on this trip is typically around $550. We rely on the fundraising efforts of ALL participants to raise enough money so ALL can go on this trip. The MINIMUM individual fundraising effort to go on the trip will be $350. In order to qualify for the “REWARD TRIP” in late July you must raise $800 or more.
By far, the most important fundraiser that we do is the annual “Stock Sale”. People want to give money to a meaningful cause, if you simply take the time to ask, you might be surprised how easy raising money for ASP really is! Use the resources below or call Rodney (336) 906-3036 or Chris (336) 687-2679 for fundraising ideas!
Friends, family, teachers, etc. can “invest” $10 (or more) in you to go on the ASP trip and by investing in YOU they get:
- The ability to participate in the Project without having to leave home.
- A postcard from the work center sharing what we are doing.
- An invitation to a banquet in August where they will be able to eat a great meal and hear a report on what happened during the trip.
Stock Sale Forms: Download these and use them in your fundraising efforts
- Stock Sale Letter #1 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Letter #2 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Letter #3 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Sales Sheet – please keep good records of who gave you money and with names, addresses and phone numbers! If we have no address we will not be able to invite them to the dinner or send them a postcard!
Every year we have a Car Wash. Please make every effort to attend this fundraiser. It is a lot of fun and you will be able to help raise money for the trip!