CHECK OUT our VIDEO
from last year’s trip to
McCREARY COUNTY KENTUCKY:
2017 ASP DATES
Please make these dates a priority. It is important that you are prepared to go on the trip this summer AND the relationships that are built BEFORE we leave are important in making the trip go smoothly.
March 12 (7 – 8 PM): Training
March 19 (11 AM – 1 PM): ASP Lenten Lunch Fundraiser
April 2 (7 – 8 PM): Training
April 23 (TBD): Training (PLEASE HAVE ALL FORMS TURNED IN BY THIS DATE!)
May 19 (6 PM): Camp ASP (overnight training)
May 20 (8 AM – 1 PM): Dog & Car Wash Fundraiser (This will be Team Selection as well!)
July 1 (9 AM – 12 PM): Van Prep
July 2 – 8: Appalachia Service Project
August 9 (5:30 – 7 PM): ASP Stockholder dinner
VOLUNTEER FORMS & INFO
Volunteers are required to turn in the following forms by APRIL 23:
- ASP Volunteer Statement & Registration Form
- Memorial UMC Behavior Covenant
- Memorial UMC ONLINE Release Form
- UMVIM Supplemental Insurance Policy
Here are some information sheets that will help you understand what is expected during the week:
The cost to send one person on this trip is typically around $550. We rely on the fundraising efforts of ALL participants to raise enough money so ALL can go on this trip. The minimum individual fundraising effort to go on the trip will be $350.
By far, the most important fundraiser that we do is the annual “Stock Sale”. People want to give money to a meaningful cause, if you simply take the time to ask, you might be surprised how easy raising money for ASP really is! Use the resources below or call Rodney (336) 906-3036 or Chris (336) 687-2679 for fundraising ideas!
Friends, family, teachers, etc. can “invest” $10 (or more) in you to go on the ASP trip and by investing in YOU they get:
- The ability to participate in the Project without having to leave home.
- A postcard from the work center sharing what we are doing.
- An invitation to a banquet in August where they will be able to eat a great meal and hear a report on what happened during the trip.
Stock Sale Forms: Download these and use them in your fundraising efforts
- Stock Sale Letter #1 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Letter #2 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Letter #3 – personalize and send this letter out to potential stockholders.
- Stock Sale Sales Sheet – please keep good records of who gave you money and with names, addresses and phone numbers! If we have no address we will not be able to invite them to the dinner or send them a postcard!
DOG & CAR WASH
Every year we have a Dog and Car Wash. Please make every effort to attend this fundraiser. It is a lot of fun and you will be able to help raise money for the trip!