MEMORIAL UMC’s MISSION…
We are CALLED by Christ to GROW in faith, BUILD relationships, and SERVE all people.
MONDAY MARCH 15
10:00 AM 10 @ 10 Devotion on Facebook
1:00 PM Receiving Line for Harriette Tew Family
2:00 PM Memorial Service: Harriette Tew (Jarrett Hall)
THURSDAY MARCH 18
10:00 AM 10 @ 10 Devotion on Facebook
SATURDAY MARCH 20
SUNDAY MARCH 21
FOURTH Sunday of LENT
10:00 AM R.L. Pope Class
11:00 AM Live Worship In-Person & Online
3:30 PM Youth (Contact Rodney Denton)
If you or a loved one would like to be added to the prayer list, please contact Lorna McCullough at 336-259-5814. If you put a name on the list, please keep in touch to let us know how that person is doing, as names are removed after three weeks.
During the coming week, please pray for…
- Harold Vannoy
- Kathy Smith McKinley
- Zeb Hanner, Sr.
- Ronnie Dancy
- Jessie Collett
- Margie Collins
- Carol Kaiser
- Dean Sharpe-Austin
- Andrea Cain and family
- Tim Priska
- Chris Eddinger
- Dr. Bea & family
- Charlotte Rorie
- Dee Ellis
- Kay Eanes
- Joey Driggers
- Ty Worsham
- Duncan Worsham
- Our first responders, medical community, and essential workers
- All those affected by COVID-19
- All military personnel
- Our United Methodist missionaries
- The United Methodist Church
Please keep the family of HARRIETT TEW in your prayers. She passed Wednesday, March 10.
WORSHIP THIS SUNDAY…
- 11 AM WORSHIP BULLETIN can be found HERE.
PLEASE NOTE: New worship bulletins will be uploaded Saturdays at noon.
- PRE-SCHOOL CHILDREN’S BULLETIN can be found HERE.
- GRADE SCHOOL CHILDREN’S BULLETIN can be found HERE.
What to Expect at Indoor, In-Person Worship
- Access to the Sanctuary is through the RANDOLPH STREET ENTRANCE only. The designated entrance for those needing the ELEVATOR will be the entrance at the Breezeway.
- You’ll be greeted upon entering the church and asked a few COVID-RELATED QUESTIONS.
- FACE MASKS will be required for everyone.
- Some pews will be blocked to maintain SOCIAL DISTANCING; an usher will help direct you.
- Out of respect for others, please refrain from SHAKING HANDS or HUGGING.
- OFFERING PLATES will be available at the entrance and exit of the sanctuary.
- No NURSERY staff will be present, but the nursery space will be available.
- SUNDAY SCHOOL will not be offered in-person at this time.
LENTEN FOOD DRIVE 2021
EVERY FRIDAY DURING LENT
10- 11 AM
MEMORIAL UMC BREEZEWAY
This year’s Lenten Food Drive Challenge is going to look a little different! We will still support COOPERATVE COMMUNITY MINISTRIES with “non-perishable food and toiletry items”! However, instead of following the journey of our GIANT soup can from CCM to Memorial, this year we will have WEEKLY DROP-OFF EVENTS each Friday during Lent! Simply make your purchase and drop off between 10 – 11 AM each Friday at the Church “Breezeway”. Members of the Mission Committee will even be there to unload your donation! If you are unable to get by the church during this time, you can also choose to make your donation to the Mission Racks by the Breezeway door and the Committee will make sure that your donation will make it to CCM!
These WEEKLY DROP-OFF EVENTS will focus on a particular food item, but PLEASE NOTE, any non-perishable food and toiletry items food items will gladly accepted!
HERE IS THE WEEKLY THEME SCHEDULE:
- 2/19 – Canned Potatoes
- 2/26 – Rice
- 3/5 – Large Cans of Soup
- 3/12 – Spaghetti Sauce
- 3/19 – Mac & Cheese
- 3/26 – Sweet Peas
- 4/2 – Breakfast Items
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ONGOING SUPPORT & COMMITMENT TO OUR COMMUNITY DURING THIS ALREADY CHALLENGING TIME!!!
UNITED METHODIST WOMEN GATHERING
SATURDAY, MARCH 13
Join us this Saturday for the MUMC UMW March Zoom Gathering!
The TOPIC of the Gathering is “Persistence in Mission”.
The HANDS ON PROJECT is to make a donation of $18.69 (as you are able) to the Legacy Fund
in honor of the national UMW annual “Day of Giving” on March 23rd. I am looking forward to seeing you on Saturday at the Zoom Gathering!
Cheryl Herman is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting:
Topic: MUMC UMW March Gathering
Time: Mar 13, 2021 12:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 816 7107 1353
HOW TO JOIN THE ZOOM MEETING:
IF YOU HAVE THE ZOOM APP INSTALLED ON YOUR DEVICE…
IN ORDER TO JOIN THIS ZOOM MEETING, SIMPLY CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING LINK:
THIS SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY LAUNCH THE ZOOM MEETINGS APP AND BEGIN THE MEETING.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ZOOM MEETINGS INSTALLED AND WOULD LIKE TO INSTALL IT, PLEASE SEE THIS PAGE:
FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE WEBSITE TO INSTALL THE APP, THEN CLICK THE LINK in “OPTION 1” ABOVE, AND IT SHOULD AUTOMATICALLY LAUNCH THE APP, & TAKE YOU TO THE MEETING.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ZOOM MEETINGS INSTALLED AND DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL THE APP ON YOUR DEVICE, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE IN THE MEETING USING YOUR WEB BROWSER BY GOING TO THIS WEBSITE:
AND FILL IN THE PROPER BOXES WITH THIS INFORMATION (password is “case-sensitive” and must appear exactly as it does below):
Meeting ID: 816 7107 1353
LENTEN BIBLE STUDY 2021:
“The Walk” by Adam Hamilton
Our six-week study using The Walk by Adam Hamilton is going well, and it’s not too late to join! Each week, we focus on one of the five essential spiritual practices that are rooted in Jesus’ own walk with God and taught throughout the New Testament. Each of these practices is intended as part of our daily walk with Christ while also being an essential part of growing together in the church. We explore what it looks like to pursue this practice daily in our personal life and together in the life of the church. Join us as we continue our spiritual journey during this Lenten season.
The sessions are held virtually via Zoom from 6:30 to 7:30 PM each Wednesday through March 31 and are facilitated by Tim Lyons. Tim will be glad to answer any questions you may have regarding the study and will work with you if you’re not familiar with Zoom. Please register with Tim if you want to participate by email to email@example.com.
GIRL SCOUTS AT MEMORIAL!!!
FLAG RETIREMENT CEREMONY
THURSDAY, MARCH 18
FIRE STATION 2
Wear formal uniform: White shirt, khakis, sash or vest
The Girl Scouts of Memorial are happy to help you with all of your Girl Scout cookie needs. If you would like to order or have any questions, please contact Julie Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (336) 687-5231.
GIRL SCOUT FAITH EVENTS…
Girl Scouts have great faith-based activities and achievements as well. Take a look at the following and as your leader for more information!
CLERGY AND STAFF ARE AVAILABLE
You may contact members of the staff directly or by calling the church office at 336-472-7718 and following the instructions on the recording. Here is a list of staff phone extensions and email addresses, for reference:
- Danny Leonard, Senior Minister – Ext. 16; email@example.com
- Rodney Denton, Minister of Youth and Young Adults – Ext. 18; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lynda Hepler, Minister of Children and Families – Ext. 11; email@example.com
- Norris Norwood, Director of Music – Ext. 12; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Aaron Prillaman, Director of Contemporary Worship – Ext. 20; email@example.com
- Melanie Byerly, Director of Arts Alive Arts Academy – Ext. 33; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Peggy May, Financial Secretary/Treasurer – Ext. 13; email@example.com
- Jarry Oldaker, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds – Ext. 17; firstname.lastname@example.org
MEMORIALS & HONORARIUMS
- Barbara Westmoreland by Jim Hudson
- Barbara Westmoreland by David Williams
- Barbara Westmoreland by James & Marie Carmichael
- Barbara Westmoreland by Harold & Sara Faulkner
- Barbara Westmoreland by Blake Williams
- Barbara Westmoreland by Joe & Lynda Stone
- Barbara Westmoreland by Carey & Kay Eanes
- Barbara Westmoreland by David & Leslie Gibbs
- Florence Highsmith by Margaret “Peggy” O’Kelley
- Florence Highsmith by Jo-Dunbar Faulmann
- Florence Highsmith by David & Leslie Gibbs
- Peggy Graham by Sandra Lackey
- Peggy Graham by Joe & Lynda Stone
- Peggy Graham by Lummie Jo Huneycutt
- Peggy Graham by Priscilla Joyce
- Peggy Graham by Carey & Kay Eanes
- Peggy Graham by the Peter’s: Clyde, Rhonda, Colleen & Colleen Reed
- Peggy Graham by Jim Hudson
- Marie Stone by Joe and Lynda Stone
- Rachel Herman by Griff & Loretta Usher
- Susan Frye by James & Marie Carmichael
- Dr. David Williams, Dr. Rob Williams & Burt Williams (for organizing the COVID Vaccination Clinics at Memorial UMC) by Ralph & Meredith Eanes