MEMORIAL UMC’s MISSION…
We are CALLED by Christ to
GROW in faith,
BUILD relationships, and
SERVE all people.
JOIN US ONLINE FOR EASTER WORSHIP
Although we cannot be together in person this Easter, we hope you will join us this Easter Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m., when we stream our Easter Sunday worship service on Facebook Live and broadcast the service over WGOS AM 1070.
The service will include beautiful Easter music shared by Brian Russell, Paige Hepler, Norris Norwood, and a guest brass quintet directed by Danny Frye.
You are invited to join in worship and song from your home. To view or print the order of worship bulletin, CLICK HERE.
Join us! And tell your friends about this special Easter service being shared with the community.
Remember, to watch and listen to the service on Facebook, visit https://www.facebook.com/mumctville/.
To listen to the service on WGOS, you can either:
- Tune your radio to AM 1070, or…
- Listen online (no static!) on your computer, smartphone, or tablet by going to https://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Nueva-Vida-1070am-s29116/.
MONDAY APRIL 13 – FRIDAY APRIL 17
10:00 a.m. 10 @ 10 Weekday Devotions Online via Facebook
THURSDAY APRIL 16
1:30 – 6:00 p.m. Red Cross Blood Drive – This is an essential activity. Please donate if you feel safe doing so. Social distancing and protective measures are being taken during this month’s blood drive so this vital service can continue.
If you or a loved one would like to be added to the prayer list, please contact Lorna McCullough at 336-259-5814. If you put a name on the list, please keep in touch to let us know how that person is doing, as names are removed after three weeks. During the coming week, please pray for:
The United Methodist Church
All Military Personnel
Our UM Missionaries
Andrea Cain and Family
All those affected by Coronavirus
Our First Responders, Medical Community, and Essential Workers
Dr. and Mrs. Randall Thomas
Dr. and Mrs. Ronnie Melton
Skip Price and Family
Margaret Jones and Family
OUR CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILIES OF BARBARA PRICE AND HOXIE JONES
A MESSAGE FROM THE FAMILY OF BARBARA HEPLER
DONATIONS FOR CCM
CCM continues to need our support, now more than ever.
Check out our Facebook page for weekly updates on where to find the can in town! Meanwhile, we have shifted the focus to financial donations, as that is CCM’s greatest need at this time.
As always, you may mail donations for CCM to the church. Make checks payable to Memorial UMC, and note “CCM Food Drive” on the memo line. Mail your check to the church at P.O. Box 428, Thomasville, NC, 27361.
Donating to CCM online has been simplified with the inclusion of a CCM option on MUMC’s online payment website. Here’s how to donate online to the Lenten Food Drive for CCM:
1. CLICK HERE to access the Financial Giving online form at our website, www.mumctville.org.
2. Fill in the amount you want to contribute.
3. At the end of the Fund/Budget Fund line, click the DOWN ARROW/TRIANGLE ICON and select Cooperative Community Ministries. (Do NOT select the + ANOTHER FUND button.)
5. Select GIVE ONCE or GIVE MULTIPLE TIMES, depending on your preference.
6. Select GIFT DATE to select a specific day or use the default of Today.
7. Enter your email address and click CONTINUE.
8. A new page will open where you enter your financial information. Click GIVE and you’re all set.
The site is safe and secure. Additionally, you can use this same website to do your tithing and church offerings.
We hope this helps to make donating to CCM easier and safer for you. Let us know if you have any questions.
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
Due to Susan Frye by April 23
R.L. POPE BIBLE CLASS SCHOLARSHIP
Due to High School Guidance Counselor by May 4
Attention MUMC High School Seniors! There are two college scholarship opportunities for which you may be eligible: the United Methodist Women (UMW) Scholarship (application available HERE), and the R.L. Pope Bible Class Scholarship (guidelines available HERE, applications managed through the high school guidance department).
UMW Scholarship Eligibility: The applicant must be a member of Memorial United Methodist Church and/or an active member of Memorial United Methodist Youth Fellowship and a graduating high school senior. Selections will be based on youth who have demonstrated sound moral character and who have a strong academic standing. Deadline for emailing application to Susan Frye is April 23.
R.L. Pope Scholarship Eligibility: Application for this scholarship is open to seniors at Thomasville, East Davidson, Ledford, and Wheatmore High Schools. This will be the 27th consecutive annual award, which will benefit one deserving senior upon first-year entry to college. Applicants should contact the guidance office at their high school to coordinate getting the application and submitting it. Deadline for submitting application to high school guidance office is May 4.
STAY CONNECTED WHILE YOU STAY AT HOME
During the temporary closure of the church buildings, staying connected is of vital importance. We are offering a variety of options by which you can connect.
- 10@10 Daily Devotions are offered each weekday at 10 a.m. via Facebook Live. You can also access the devotions after the fact by visiting the Memorial UMC Thomasville Facebook page OR on our website by CLICKING HERE.
- We bring worship to you each Sunday morning at 10 a.m. The service is broadcast live via Facebook Live as well as on the radio at WGOS 1070. We also are airing recordings of past worship services on WGOS at 11 a.m.
- Visit our church website, mumctville.org, for the latest information and links to other opportunities for children and youth.
The clergy and staff are available to serve you. You may contact members of the staff directly or by calling the church office at 336-472-7718 and following the instructions on the recording. Here is a list of staff phone extensions and email addresses, for reference:
Danny Leonard, Senior Minister – Ext. 16; firstname.lastname@example.org
Peggy Finch, Associate Minister – Ext. 15; email@example.com
Rodney Denton, Minister of Youth and Young Adults – Ext. 18; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynda Hepler, Minister of Children and Families – Ext. 11; email@example.com
Brian Russell, Director of Contemporary Worship – Ext. 20; firstname.lastname@example.org
Danny Frye, Director of Music – Ext. 12; email@example.com
Susan Frye, Secretary – Ext. 14; firstname.lastname@example.org
Peggy May, Financial Secretary/Treasurer – Ext. 13; email@example.com
Jarry Oldaker, Superintendent of Buildings and Grounds – Ext. 17; firstname.lastname@example.org